WIN A ‘ROAR’ WITH THE GUARDIAN FIVER
All this week the Guardian’s daily 5pm newsletter will be giving away copies of Carrie Dunn’s Roar of the Lionesses. Sign up for free for a sideways look at the football news – and your chance to win.
Carrie has just finished a successful book tour whose biggest night was at the Manchester Football Writing Festival last week – see pic – talking ‘Fifty Years of Hurt’ on a bill along with Henry Winter, Rory Smith and MC Caroline Barker.
The Roar of the Lionesses tells the tale of an increasingly popular, yet still woefully underrepresented sport, exploring the dawn of a new era for women’s football in England on the back of the Lionesses’ success at the 2015 Women's World Cup.
Read the book and discover:
- What it’s really like playing in the WSL – and for England;
- What goes on behind the scenes;
- How part-timers and amateurs balance football with real life;
- How female footballers cope with serious injury;
- What it takes to run a football club – from grassroots to the top flight;
- The financial challenges facing clubs all through the footballing pyramid;
- What the trailblazers for women’s football think about the current state of the game;
- The problems the game’s governing bodies have yet to tackle;
- What lies in the future for women’s football...
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from The Roar of the Lionesses.