IT’S THE GRAND ‘HIBS ON THIS DAY’ TRIVIA QUIZ!
Here’s Hibs On This Day co-author Ian Colquhoun at Easter Road for Hibs-Rangers on Saturday. And what better way to celebrate the Hibees’ victory (and Wednesday’s arrival in the League Cup semis!) than with a special quiz to keep the promotion-and-Cup excitement at fever pitch.
Every Hibs fan will be needing a copy of Hibernian FC On This Day on Christmas morning, so let’s put it to the test for vital pub/ office/playground/ festive ammunition. Ian and co-author Bobby Sinnet’s book revisits all the most memorable moments from the club’s rollercoaster past, mixing in a maelstrom of quirky anecdotes and legendary characters to produce an irresistibly dippable Hibs diary – with entries for every day of the year.
Hibernian FC On This Day is a collection of bite-sized stories, packed full of events, characters and intrigue which will whisk any fan back in time through the club’s illustrious past. But do you know…
- In what year was the enthralling Edinburgh derby at Tynecastle which saw a 17-year old Joe Baker scored all four goals as Hibs beat the Jambos 4-3 in the Scottish Cup?
- What was the score in what Ian and Bobby call ‘the greatest game in history’, when Eddie Turnbull’s men humiliated Hearts in the New Year derby of 1973?
- Who was Hibs’ manager in October 1991 when the lads won the Scottish League Cup final against plucky Dunfermline, barely a year after Hibernian’s very existence had been threatened by a hostile takeover?
- In what year did Leigh Griffiths inspire Pat Fenlon’s men to overturn a 0-3 half-time deficit to sensationally win 4-3 against Falkirk at Hampden?
- In what year was Hibernian FC founded by Irish immigrants at a meeting in the Cowgate, to provide inclusive sporting opportunities for Edinburgh’s Irish community?
- When did Eddie Turnbull’s men beat the mighty Celtic at Hampden, to win the League Cup for the first time?
- In February 1961, Hibs ran riot over Peebles Rovers in the Scottish Cup, winning 15-1; but which striker scored 9 (NINE) goals that day?
- And to round things off on a topical note – in what year did the Famous Five inspire a magnificent 3-2 Scottish Cup victory over Rangers in front of over 100,000 fans at Ibrox?
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Hibernian FC On This Day: History, Facts & Figures from Every Day of the Year.
1 – 1958
2 – 7-0
3 – Alex Miller
4 – 1991
5 – 1875
6 – 1972
7 – Joe Baker
8 – 1951