‘WIPED OUT?’ AUTHORS JEROME AND MARK INTERVIEWED
See Jerome Wilson on TV Yorkshire and listen to Sky Sports’ Toe 2 Toe boxing podcast featuring Mark Turley. The authors of Wiped Out? talk about the realities of small hall boxing promotions, the story of Jerome’s career, different perspectives on the brain injuries he sustained, his hospital diary and long road to recovery.
You’ll find the links below, offering additional insight into the critically acclaimed book which deals in unflinching style with the aftermath of a fight that went terribly wrong. If you haven’t yet read this incredible account, click the link to an exclusive sample chapter.
Wiped Out? tells the story of light welterweight prospect Jerome ‘Wipeout’ Wilson – and shines a light on boxing’s ultimate taboo. On 12 September 2014, in his 11th professional fight, Jerome was knocked out in the sixth round. He never got up.
Wiped Out? is far more than just another boxing autobiography. It is a near-universal story of life and death, transcending sport.
- The book will be of special interest to boxing fans and anyone involved in the fight game.
- Wiped Out? breaks new ground, meeting taboo issues head on.
- Jerome Wilson’s story is the most personal written account of brain injury, recreating existential uncertainty and bizarre hallucinations.
- How does massive brain trauma affect the human experience? To what extent do we create our own reality?
- Features a foreword by Curtis Woodhouse – former professional footballer turned professional boxer and football manager.
- Mark Turley and Pitch Publishing are donating all profits from the sale of this book to Jerome Wilson.
Click here for Jerome’s TV Yorkshire feature.
Click here to listen to or download Sky Sports’ Toe 2 Toe podcast featuring Mark Turley and promoter Spencer Fearon.
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Wiped Out? The Jerome Wilson Story.