LAUNCH NEWS – ALL WICKETS GREAT AND SMALL
Congratulations to John Fuller on a highly successful launch of All Wickets Great and Small, the book which details his search for grassroots cricket in Yorkshire. Thanks to Waterstones in Leeds for hosting the event, to the local journalists who participated in the Q&A session, and of course to the many cricket fans and readers who stopped by for a chat and signed copy!
All Wickets Great and Small is a journey across cities and dales to meet those involved with amateur cricket in Yorkshire during the summer of 2015. The book is a winning combination of rail travel and cricket teas with a chance to uncover tales from pavilions across the county.
Nowt stops for cricket in Yorkshire. Passion runs deep, beyond those in whites, to the groundsmen, tea ladies, scorers and umpires who embody the game.
Author John Fuller, owner of the popular website, CricketYorkshire.com, journeys from Skipton to Scarborough, from Bradford to Bolton Abbey. His stories include:
- The derelict amphitheatre set for transformation at Bradford Park Avenue
- T20 and Tigers at a York mental hospital
- Meet the octogenarian county cricketer
- Vertigo and views at England's highest league cricket ground
- Historic final ever match of the Central Yorkshire League
- A groundsman's devotion at a stunning village club
- Introducing Yorkshire's youngest cricket club
- Vicars and imams unite for cricket in Dewsbury
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from All Wickets Great and Small.