AN EVERTONIAN ARCHIVE
Evertonians know what it is to experience greatness. Since the club first came to life in 1878 there have been titles won, European adventures and trips to Wembley. The fans have seen records broken, legends make their mark, matches of undeniable class. Every decade that Everton have been in existence has yielded moments of wonder, games that supporters at the time have cherished for their entire lives and which fans of subsequent generations have looked back on with undeniable pride.
From the earliest days, when St Domingo's first morphed into something recognisable as a modern football club, the whole span of Everton’s narrative is covered here. Those earliest title wins, those earliest finals, Dean, Lawton, Hickson, the Holy Trinity, Latchford, the glory of Kendall, the agony of Wimbledon, the joy of Royle and restoration under Moyes.
Jim Keoghan's Everton Greatest Games is more than just a selection of the moments that have stirred the soul of Blues. It is the story of Everton, the tale of how a church team grew into an English giant.
Experience the long history of Everton FC through the memories of players, writers and fans who were there at the time:
- Find out how the club came to life, grew to become the biggest in the city and rose to the top of the game
- Relive the glory years of the 1920, 1930s, 1960s and the 1980s and read about the stories of how Everton brought home silverware
- Revel in the times when Everton have vanquished Liverpool, including the first ever league derby (when the teams looked unrecognisable in comparison to today)
- Gain an insight into the greats who have led the line at Goodison, from Dean to Ferguson, taking in the likes of Lawton, Hickson, Young, Latchford, Sharp and Gray
- Enjoy the times of high emotion, the days and nights when the 'Old Lady' shook, such as Dixie's 60, Bobby's 30 and Bayern 85
- Understand how the club came back to life under Moyes; the top four finishes, European football and sense of pride that together banished memories of the 1990s
- Read about how Evertonianism was formed. The way that the highs, the lows and the nearly moments forged our unique approach to the game
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Everton Greatest Games.