'FEARLESS FREDDIE' EVENT IN CARDIFF
Wednesday 16 November will see Christopher Evans MP in Cardiff, hosting an event for his acclaimed boxing book, Fearless Freddie: The Life and Times of Freddie Mills.
Everybody's welcome at Octavo's bookshop and wine bar, so please do come along and hear Chris reading from his book, chatting about the doomed celebrity fighter's incredible story, and signing copies.
16 November 2017: 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm Octavo’s Book Cafe and Wine Bar, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff
As Britain’s first true sporting superstar, few figures have been subject to more rumours and gossip than Freddie Mills, ever since his mysterious death in 1965. Was Mills killed by the Krays or the Chinese Triads? Was he a serial killer responsible for the deaths of six prostitutes in the Hammersmith area? Fearless Freddie cuts through the myth to reveal:
- The true, inspirational story of Mills’s rise from the backstreets of Bournemouth to the top of the boxing world
- His start in the boxing booths of the South West, and the fear that one day he would return there
- The truth about his mysterious disappearance after one of his biggest fights
- How he won the world title with a broken neck – just one punch away from paralysis, or worse...
- Mills's bizarre relationship with his wife, Chrissie, and her first husband, who accompanied the couple on their honeymoon
- How the death of his friend, Michael Holliday, set off a chain of events which resulted in Freddie’s own death
- The true nature of his relationship with gangsters Ronnie and Reggie Kray
- Finally, what really happened in the early hours of 25th July 1965, when Freddie was found shot in the back of his car at Goslett Yard...
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Fearless Freddie.