DARTS FANS, YOU REQUIRE... THIS BOOK!
Matt Bozeat interviewed 16 world champions and many more top names to garner exclusive insights into the matches that have thrilled millions – as well as the personalities, skills and tactics of darts’ major combatants.
Here are classic matches such as those between Taylor and Ray van Barneveld and, further back, darting duels involving legends like Eric Bristow, Jocky Wilson, John Lowe, Leighton Rees and many more. The secrets behind Taylor’s darts domination are revealed, Andy ‘The Viking’ Fordham tries to remember the night he won the world championship, and other revelations include why being brainy won’t make you a good darts player!
Darts Greatest Games follows the sport’s story from its ‘thud, sweat and beer’ beginnings on television in the 1970s right up to the present, including the rise of van Gerwen.
Read Darts Greatest Games and you will discover:
- Why Michael van Gerwen throws so fast
- How Eric Bristow turned Phil Taylor into the greatest darts player ever – and then fell out with him
- The story of the world champion who couldn’t see what he was doing
- What made Phil Taylor invincible
- The escapades of the darts world’s first nutters
- Why Andy Fordham can’t remember the night he won the world championship
- The story of the rivalry that took darts into huge arenas
- The lighter side of ‘The Count,’ Ted Hankey
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Darts Greatest Games