BOSS TOTTS ROCKS SCOTS BOOKSHOPS
We’re pleased to announce that Falkirk legend Alex Totten sold out the entire stock of his books at last week’s signing event in Waterstones in Falkirk town centre. Ever-popular Totts made his mark as a player, assistant and manager at some of Scotland’s biggest and best-loved clubs, and now his autobiography, Totts: From the Kop to the Kelpies: The Alex Totten Story, is doing great business North of the Border.
Falkirk. Glasgow Rangers. Motherwell. St Johnstone. Alloa. Liverpool, too! If you’re looking for a Christmas present for fans of any of these clubs, your quest is over!
Both Alex and co-author Jeff Holmes (second left) would like to give a big thanks to all the fans who attended the event, as well as to Falkirk FC star youngsters Will Vaulks (third left) and Craig Sibbald who were fantastic, chatting with supporters and giving away official team posters.
Throughout a remarkable 50-year career, Alex Totten has earned the respect of his fellow pros. Here, some of the top names in the game deliver their verdict on ‘Totts’:
- “It took me ten minutes to make my mind up. I liked the way he acted, and his passion for the game. Something just clicked for me.” – Rangers boss Jock Wallace on why he had chosen Alex as his Ibrox assistant.
- “When I played with Alex in the 1960s, you could tell he truly loved the game – and he still does – but he worked hard at it and played for some good Scottish clubs after leaving Liverpool.” – Sir Alex Ferguson.
- “Alex was brought up by some real winners but he is as straightforward and honest as the day is long. What you see with Alex is definitely what you get.” – Walter Smith, who guided Rangers to nine straight titles.
- “Alex was a huge strength to Falkirk as a manager – his contribution to the club should never be underestimated.” – Former Falkirk chairman Campbell Christie
- “You can put the insurance documents away, hen!” – Leading comedian Andy Cameron, joking with Jessie, Alex’s wife, after he eventually came through his fight with septicaemia. But behind the gag lay a genuine concern for his good pal…
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Totts: From the Kop to the Kelpies: The Alex Totten Story.